Board Update - Welcome to 2021!
Arlene Parker | Published on 4/8/2021
I'm sure the sunshine and warm weather are making you ask yourself whether you should venture out to play croquet during the stay at home order. The Board provides the following information and recommendations:
- the colour code COVID system is not in effect
- members should leave their homes for essential trips only
- exercise is considered to be an essential activity
- the province specifically noted that parks and recreational areas, tennis, golf courses, pickleball courts, sports fields (and others) may continue with physical distancing measures
- guests may be brought to the Club under a Member's care and supervision. If a person wishes to join the Club, please have them contact Shelley Widdis.
The Board encourages Members to access the Club at any time to play. The COVID protocol remains in effect - you will find the notebook for contact tracing, no locks on the gates, buckets for ball washing. Please gauge your personal level of comfort in using the Club facilities.
The stay at home order is in effect until May 6. Huron Perth Health Unit has lowered the eligible age for vaccine to age 65. Online and phone registration information can be found on their website.
We have more certainty and experience with the COVID situation. The Club's safety protocol has contributed to continued health and safety for members. For these reasons, the Board enthusiastically welcomes all Members to the 2021 playing season! Programming information will be shared shortly. BICC will communicate updates as new information becomes available.